What will happen when Madame de Villefort uses her new knowledge not only to help people but to hurt others? This is the continuation of our last episode and we would love to hear what you guys think about it. Enjoy!
1. Albert de Morcerf and Lucien Debray visit the Count of Monte Cristo at his house on the Champs Elysees.
2. Albert de Morcerf is supposed to marry Eugenie Danglars, Madame and Monsieur Danglars daughter.
3. Albert thinks he is unworthy of Eugenie and doesn’t want to marry her.
4. Madame Danglars gambles at very high prices even though it is against her husband’s wishes.
5. The three men (still at Monte Cristo’s house) conjured up a plan.
6. They decided to teach Madame Danglars a lesson to be more careful with her money.
7. They would make her loose 300,00 franks on the stock market by giving her false information.
8. This would also help out Albert because he though Eugenie was too rich for him.
9. The Count of Monte Cristo is going to have a dinner party at his house in Auteuil.
10. He’s going to invite Monsieur and Madame Danglars and Monsieur and Madame de Villefort.
11. This is a problem for Madame de Morcerf (Mercedes) and Albert (her son) because both of them are opposed to seeing the Danglars.
12. The Count of Monte Cristo tells Albert to go to Treport with his mother so that The Count has a reasonable reason as to not inviting them.
13. If The count were to invite them it would seem as a matrimonial rendezvous and Albert loves this idea.
14. He tells his mother about it so that they can be on their way.
15. The Count tells Albert that he might be able to get him out of his marriage and Albert is happy at the thought.
16. The Count had an Italian major as a visitor the next day and his name is Marquis Bartolomeo Cavalcanti.
17. The Count has another alias and his name is the Abbe Busoni.
18. There was another visitor there and his name was Andrea Cavalcanti.
19. They pretended to be father and son so that they could get money from The Count of Monte Cristo.
20. The Count knew what was going on from his see-through wall.
21. Andrea Cavalcanti is actually Benedetto which is the son of Monsieur de Villefort and Madame Danglars.
22. This is also the son that Bertuccio had raised as a son but had vanished when he was still young.
23. The story then goes to the Villefort’s house where Maximilien is waiting to see Valentine, Villefort’s daughter.
24. Maximilien and Valentine were secretly in love and seeing each other, but nobody knew except for them.
25. Valentine was walking in the garden with Eugenie, the Danglars daughter, so it did not seem that she was rushing to the gate to see somebody.
26. Valentine told Maximilien that Eugenie does not want to marry Albert. She wants to be free and live an independent life. Also she wants to be a artist like her closest friend Louise d’Armilly.
To be continued…
– Dark Gray Peacoat, Navy Blue Dress, and Gold Glitter Pumps